Thank you for purchasing the Yo-Bones Take Home Products.
When reheating food, be sure they reach 165°F as measured with a food thermometer. Reheat sauces and soups by bringing them to a rolling boil. Cover leftovers to reheat. This retains moisture and ensures that food will heat all the way through. These are guidelines only each stove cooks differently. Please adjust the temperature and cooking times accordingly.
ADD Wet ingredients:
1/2 c (120ml) vegetable oil
2 c buttermilk or 1 3/4 c milk
1. Heat oven to 385 °F and Grease muffin pans with cooking spray
2. Combine dry ingredients, eggs, oil and milk mixture in a large bowl. Mix it for about 1 min just until there is no lump. Do not overmix. Pour into muffin pans (2/3 full) and bake for 16 mins.
3. The edge of the cornbread should be golden brown but the top of the cornbread is still yellow.
Mac & Cheese:
When you're ready to eat it, it can go straight from the freezer into a 400°F oven. Cook for 45 mins, covered with foil, then take the foil off and bake for another 15 minutes to brown the top.
Brisket Chili or BBQ Pit Beans:
Defrost in the fridge overnight
Place a container or two of frozen chili in a large bowl and refrigerate overnight. The next day it should be softer and ready to heat up on the stove or microwave.
Defrost in water
Place the container of chili in a sink full of room temperature water. Check and flip the container of chili until it’s defrosted.
Defrost in the microwave
In a rush? Run the pack or container of frozen chili under hot water so the frozen block detaches from the surface of the container. Transfer to a large bowl and heat on high for 5 minutes, stirring often until the chili is heated through.
Here are the steps for reheating pulled pork in the oven.
1. Start by preheating your oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. You want to keep the temperature low as you are just reheating the meat and higher temperatures are more likely to dry out the meat.
2. Prepare a baking dish for the pulled pork. It is less likely to dry out if you add more BBQ sauce to the pork in the pan. Cover the pan with foil or another similar oven-safe method.
3. Place the covered pan in the oven and allow it to bake at this temperature until it is warm. Remember that you are just reheating and not cooking so it really will not take that long.
4. Reheat until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 165 degrees. The time it takes to reach this temperature may vary depending on how much meat you are reheating. It is already cooked so this is simply to warm it up.
5. Mix up the pulled pork well when removing it from the oven.
6. Add additional juices or BBQ sauces as needed and serve.
The crockpot is simple and convenient so it makes a really great option for reheating pulled pork. Here are our recommended steps for reheating pulled pork in the crockpot.
1. Place your pulled pork into the crockpot.
2. Pour BBQ sauces over the top of the meat to help prevent the meat from drying out.
3. Put your crockpot on the warm setting.
4. Allow the meat to cook on the warm setting for 2-4 hours. The internal temperature of the meat should reach about 165 degrees Fahrenheit. You can use a lower temperature if you prefer but we’ve found that warm is at about that temperature.
5. Once the meat is reheated to the appropriate temperature, you can remove it from the crockpot and serve as desired.
Re-Heat Cheese Sauce:
In the Microwave
1. Put the cheese sauce in a microwave-safe bowl and put it in the microwave for 5 minutes.
2. Stir the cheese sauce every 3 minutes.
3. For the last remaining 2 minutes, stir the cheese sauce after every 20 seconds to 30 seconds.
On the Stove
1. Pour cheese sauce into the pan and put it on the stove over low to medium heat.
2. Stir the cheese sauce regularly, allowing the cheese to cook until it's properly and thoroughly reheated. Heat until the sauce reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit on a meat thermometer
3. After 10 minutes, turn off the heat.
4. Serve with pasta, veggies, and nachos.
Re-Heat Chicken Pieces:
Heating chicken up in the oven there’s nothing better than the crispy coating of BBQ Chicken—and there’s no better way to. That’s right: Skip the microwave!
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F
2. Fit a wire rack over a baking sheet
3. Place frozen chicken pieces in a single layer on to the wire rack
4. Place your baking sheet in the oven and reheat the chicken until the internal temperature of the meat registers at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit on a meat thermometer.
Frozen Dessert & Corn Bread:
Simply transfer your wrapped slices or layers from the freezer to the refrigerator a day ahead of serving (although cake generally thaws within 8 hours if you are pressed for time).